Saturday, January 10, 2015

Chrome Cast Review


I know this is more of a tech review but i wanted to share my views on the Chrome Cast as i have been using it to watch a lot of Netflix!

I got a Google Chrome Cast for Christmas, and the reason that i wanted one really was to watch Netflix on my TV instead of my iPad or Lap Top. I read some reviews on amazon before i put it on my Christmas list and they were very mixed, some loved it and others hated it saying that it doesn't work very well and doesn't stream properly. So i set this up on Christmas day and have used it a lot over the last few weeks and i have not used my iPad or Lap Top to watch Netflix at all!

I have to say that i have had no issues what so ever getting my Chrome Cast to sync, when i first used it, it took me a little while to get it up and running as it needed various updates downloaded for it but once i all the updates had finished and i had a play around with some of the apps that work with it YouTube, BBC iPlayer and Netflix and i have had zero issues streaming anything. All i do is click on the stream to Chrome Cast on Netflix or YouTube and its streams. Using my iPad to stream i can also use my ipad at the same with out interrupting the stream to my TV.

I haven't tried some of the other streaming devices that are available but i know people who use Apple TV and Now TV and they love it but for the price and for what i wanted the Chrome Cast was ideal a pretty inexpensive compared to other options available.

I don't know why people don't like the Chrome Cast, saying it doesn't work properly, the only thing i could think of is maybe there Internet connection isn't very good or they expected something different than what the Chrome Cast is but i think its great and definitely worth the investment.

You can get the Chrome Cast on various different websites including Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00I4WQ618/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420913775&sr=8-1&keywords=chromecast


No comments:

Post a Comment